Following in the steps of 119 years of history and tradition the annual Old Home Day Parade, one of the largest in the State of New Hampshire, is held always on the third Saturday of August (08/18/18) . It is great day! Local non-profit organization, businesses, state organizations, high school bands, pipe and drum bands, national political candidates, all participate in this hour long parade. Approximately 10,000 spectators line up along the 1.2-mile parade route on Mammoth Road to watch. The parade route begins at the Londonderry Middle School and ends at Mack’s Apples. It is scheduled to start promptly, RAIN OR SHINE, at 10:30am. If your non-profit organization or business is interested in participating then please review the general restrictions and rules listed below and mail a completed registration form on or before August 1, 2018.
RESTRICTIONS / RULES:
Completed registration forms must be received on or before August 1, 2018!
- Businesses shall pay a mandatory $300 registration fee and are restricted to one (1) motorized vehicle or float. All motorized vehicles shall be antique or “rare and unique”. Exceptions may be granted to those who have provided sponsorship.
- Non-profit organizations are not required to pay a registration fee. A $100 GRANT is available to each non-profit organization that enters a float. The purpose of the grant is to help defray costs associated with decorating and constructing floats.
- All motor and float units shall form in their assigned assembly area not later than 8:30am and all non-motor units shall form in their assigned assembly area not later than 9:00am.
- Throwing objects to spectators along the parade route is absolutely prohibited. You may hand items to spectators, this is Londonderry Police Policy, and it is for the protection and safety of parade spectators.
- ALL FLOATS MUST HAVE DESIGNATED SPOTTERS
- POLITICIANS INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING MUST FILL OUT A REGISTRATION FORM (see below in registration area)
- Absolutely no parking at the Londonderry Middle School (parade assembly area).
- Motorized units of any kind shall not be allowed to return to the start of the parade using the parade route until the parade is completed.
- It is highly recommended for life and safety reasons that you meet your children at the end of the parade (Mack’s Apples). Please do not have children try to locate you at the Town Common. THIS IS SERIOUS! A child can easily be lost or seriously injured without proper parental supervision.
- Use of spray or foam material is prohibited.
- The Committee shall have the right to limit the size of or reject any participant group if it deems that it is in the best interest and spirit of the Old Home Day Celebration.
- All parade participants must keep up with the pace of the parade. Failure to maintain a reasonable pace will result in participant removal at an appropriate location. Participants with permission from the Parade Coordinator may be given an opportunity to perform at various parade intervals.
- Failure to comply with any parade rules or direct orders from the Parade Coordinator or Committee members may result in direct expulsion from the parade.
Registration Important Information Time and Location :
Get your registration forms in early. Send Applications To: Directions to the Londonderry Middle School will be provided in your parade packet. Saturday, August 18, 2018
Pleas Get your Registration in by August 1, 2018
Londonderry Old Home Day Committee
268 B Mammoth Road
Londonderry, NH 03053
The Theme of the Event this year is TBD.
Starts at the Londonderry Middle School
10:30 am Rain or Shine
2018: This year's Old Home Day Grand Marshall TBD Parade Registration Form
Information for Political Candidates